D15431: Make PersonPluginManager API public

Igor Poboiko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 11 15:18:15 BST 2018

poboiko created this revision.
poboiko added reviewers: KDE PIM, dvratil, apol.
poboiko added a project: KDE PIM.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
poboiko requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This patch makes PersonPluginManager available to third-party applications, allowing them to use KPeople in a stand-alone way, without interacting with system-wide plugins.

  It is part of T9595: [KAddressbook] Use KPeople model for contact list <https://phabricator.kde.org/T9595>. Currently we only want to use only Akonadi plugin (to be developed), and then possibly add support for other (i.e. KTelepathy) plugins.
  For Akonadi plugin, we want to pass an `EntityTreeModel` to use it as data source, which would be impossible if we use system-wide plugin system.

  ----

  I've also noted several issues not directly related to this patch, but it would be nice to fix those anyways.

  - There some ancient compatibility code inside `PersonPluginManagerPrivate::loadDataSourcePlugins()`, which was added 3 years ago. Apparently, it's not needed anymore.
  - Inside `widgets/CMakeLists.txt`, its headers are installed with PREFIX `KPeople` instead of `KPeople/Widgets`. Because of that `#include <KPeople/Widgets/PersonDetailsView>` does not work, because it refers to non-existent header `kpeople/persondetailsview.h`.
  - In the same file, there is redundant `install(FILES [...])`, which does not install any file (line 46)

  If it's OK, I can add those changes without posting a differential revision (since they're trivial).

TEST PLAN
  It compiles, it works.

REPOSITORY
  R307 KPeople