D15251: Fix autotests with -DBUILD_QCH:BOOL=TRUE

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 8 12:55:51 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D15251#322205 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15251#322205>, @bcooksley wrote:

  > That being said, given that the Online and Offline documentation should be essentially the same thing, it may be worth looking into basing the tooling for API.kde.org and utilising the QCH build process (however that works) to generate both the website version as well as the QCH files it offers for download.

  Very much agree to idea of deduplication.

  When it comes to providing QCH files from api.kde.org, there are multiple opinions though. My own is that QCH files should be part of the distributed product (e.g. in packages from distributions), not something offered separately and which needs manual updating by the user and extra checking to match the version of the library products one is currently using.
  Not sure why some people seem to think differently here when it comes to QCH files about API of KDE products, seems people have different needs and workflows. For comparison, the Qt QCH files are not available for download from docs.qt.io, unless I missed something.

REPOSITORY
  R249 KI18n