D15189: [KRun] Don’t follow redirection to speed up and avoid incorrect behavior

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 8 09:02:27 BST 2018

dfaure requested changes to this revision.
dfaure added a comment.

  I'm really not convinced about this. What about all the cases where you do want to see the redirection happen?

  - Redirection from http to https
  - Redirection from some outdated URL to the new correct URL
  - Redirection from google.com to www.google.com

  I think this needs more research. Why do other browsers show the new URL in all of the above cases and not for the twitter testcase? Different HTTP error code maybe?
  (I vaguely remember something about permanent redirections vs normal redirections?)

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in krun.cpp:1319
> Also you can add Qt::CaseInsensitive as second parameter to startsWith for scheme with capital letters.

Not necessary, scheme() always returns the scheme lower-cased.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO