D15180: kioexecd: watch for creations or modifications of the temporary files

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Sep 4 20:58:47 BST 2018

elvisangelaccio requested changes to this revision.
elvisangelaccio added inline comments.

> kioexecd.cpp:65
>          qCDebug(KIOEXEC) << "About to delete" << parentDir << "containing" << info.fileName();
> -        QFile::remove(it.key());
> -        QDir().rmdir(parentDir);
> +        QDir(parentDir).removeRecursively();
>      }

The problem with using `QDir::removeRecursively()` is that the folder we are going to delete recursively is an input from dbus. What happens if some malicious software calls `watch("~/dummy.txt")` ?

At the very least we need to check whether this folder starts with `QStandardPaths::writableLocation(QStandardPaths::CacheLocation) + QStringLiteral("/krun")` (the path used by `kioexec`).

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO