D16520: proper kwalletd dbus service file for the legacy name

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 30 01:38:13 GMT 2018

bruns added a comment.

  The old kwalletd(4) from kde-runtime newer installed a service file, as far as I can see.

  The `org.kde.kwalletd.service` from kwalletd5 only serves one purpose - start the old kwalletd4 as a source for the migration agent. IMHO the much better approach would be to check for `QStandardPaths::findExecutable("kwalletd")`and execute it.

  The change to the service file is IMHO fine - kwalletd5 implements both versions (which are actually the same interface save the service name), but before doing this change the migration agent has to be changed.

  I also wouldn't mind when the migration agent where gone completely - KDE4 is EOL for 3 years, and if there are some persons late to the game they can still export the the old wallets manually and reimport.

REPOSITORY
  R311 KWallet