D16471: [RFC] Listen for added DBus interfaces instead of registered services

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 27 23:56:34 BST 2018

fvogt created this revision.
fvogt added reviewers: Frameworks, jgrulich.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
fvogt requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When the service is registered, the interfaces might not be available yet.
  So wait for those instead.

  BUG: 400359

  This is RFC because:

  - I'm not sure whether it's guaranteed that InterfacesAdded is emitted on service registration as well or both connections are necessary
  - I don't know how it's possible to test this as org.kde.fakenetwork does not support the org.freedesktop.ObjectManager API

TEST PLAN
  Restarting NM while kded5 keeps running caused "nmcli up" to fail because of
  missing secrets.
  With this patch, it works successfully.

REPOSITORY
  R282 NetworkManagerQt