D16421: Improve emblem contrast, legibility and consistency

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Oct 27 01:48:39 BST 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D16421#349080 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16421#349080>, @ndavis wrote:

  > Something just occurred to me: Why do we use emblems as if they were action buttons in Dolphin? Would it be so bad if Dolphin used `list-add` and `list-remove` instead of `emblem-added` and `emblem-remove`?

  I had the same thought today. Perhaps we should have them look like checkboxes: when you hover over the icon, you see an empty checkbox, and when you click on it, it becomes a checked checkbox. This would be more semantically correct and also re-use people's existing familiarity with the concept of checkboxes. If we do this, I'd also like to see the checked checkbox remain visible when the icon is selected. This is how item selection is typically handled on mobile operating systems as well, and it's nice and clear.

  This would all require some additional changes in Dolphin and Folder view, of course.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons