D16395: Update the "About KDE" text

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 24 19:57:18 BST 2018

ngraham added a reviewer:  KDE Promo.
ngraham added a comment.

  Agreed, we can wait until after 5.52 is tagged before landing this (assume we even get consensus before then. :) )

  In D16395#347814 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16395#347814>, @abetts wrote:

  > > KDE has created the friendly and powerful Plasma desktop environment
  >
  > KDE has created the most friendly and powerful desktop environment, Plasma.

  That seems like boasting to me, and invites comparisons to other environments that we could lose in some people's eyes. I'd prefer not to make this change,

  In D16395#347814 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16395#347814>, @abetts wrote:

  > > KDE is a cooperative enterprise in which no single entity
  >
  > KDE is a disaggregated development community not governed by...

  Hmm, I like the existing one better. In particular, "disaggregated" is a very complex and uncommon word that could be avoided in the interests of clear communication.

REPOSITORY
  R263 KXmlGui