D16301: Remove ComponentInstaller

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 18 16:02:49 BST 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, mart.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When a dataengine failed to load it would ask PackageKit to install it but it's generally not how we want to distribute plasmoid infrastructure these days and didn't work.

TEST PLAN
  The interface didn't exist here, and I couldn't find it in the docs, and it's ancient anyway. Even if it worked, it would still fail to load the engine, have you install it (assuming it even finds it), and then you have to restart plasma to load it.

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/CMakeLists.txt
  src/plasma/CMakeLists.txt
  src/plasma/private/componentinstaller.cpp
  src/plasma/private/componentinstaller_p.h
  src/plasma/private/dataenginemanager.cpp
  src/plasma/scripting/scriptengine.cpp