D15814: show all borders for pop up windows in a dock

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 15 12:42:20 BST 2018

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In D15814#343330 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15814#343330>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > >   first introduced at popupPlacement()
  >
  > ...by you :P

  I know :( and this broke plasma popups placement in !compositing mode.
  This is why I sent https://phabricator.kde.org/D15821
  which uses mask() in a more meaningful way both for plasma and Latte.
  mask() in D15821 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15821> isnt used to distinguish plasma/docks but to place
  popups more intellengently. But in D15821 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15821> I need a window flag in order
  to identify which popups can be placed according to the element trigerred them.
  I used Qt::Tooltip for this in D15821 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15821> but I dont like it, I would prefer something
  which is not used that often.

  > Extra confusingly the comment above that line is from before the mask test was added, and in that comment dock means panel.
  >  So the comment about when we're a dock explicitly excludes what you call a dock.  :/
  >
  > I would have pushed for doing it explicitly. Ideally when outsideParentWindow was first introduced.

  sorry, I dont understand what explicitly means

  maybe is better to look first at D15821 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15821> and decide afterwards if this should be commited now or when dialog2 arrives

  > Note, when Dialog gets a rewrite, we won't do it like that. I want a hint at the containment level that we can forward through CompactApplet.qml

  no problem for me, we can wait for this...

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)

BRANCH
  dockBorders