D15983: React to config updates inside indexer

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 10 23:58:39 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  Looks good in general, but have to think a little bit more about it ..

INLINE COMMENTS

> fileindexscheduler.cpp:125
>
> +    // This should be above content indexing, because there can be files that should not be indexed in the DB
> +    // (i.e. if config was changed)

Should read "This has to be above ...", also do the line break at ~ 80 chars

> fileindexscheduler.cpp:181
> +    // Rescheduling content indexer
> +    // (so we won't keep indexing files that should not be, bug 373430)
> +    if (m_indexerState == ContentIndexing) {

"Interrupt content indexer, to avoid indexing files that should not be indexed, bug 373430)"

> fileindexscheduler.cpp:189
> +    removeShouldNotIndex(m_xattrFiles, m_config);
> +    checkStaleIndexEntries();
> +    checkUnindexedFiles();

replace these two lines by

  m_checkStaleIndexEntries = true;