kiowidgets_kdirmodeltest fail

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 10 21:11:12 BST 2018

El dimecres, 10 d’octubre de 2018, a les 16:33:43 CEST, Jaime va escriure:
> Hello,
>
>   About
> https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks/job/kio/job/kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.10/429/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/kiowidgets_kdirmodeltest/
>
>   I'm only able to reproduce the crash 1/7 times I run ctest -j3, never if
> I run the test alone or run make test.

FWIW I can reproduce the ASAN error quite easily with

while [ true ]; do ASAN_OPTIONS=detect_leaks=0 ./bin/kdirmodeltest testOverwriteFileWithDir; if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then break; fi; done

it doesn't go more than two or three loops.

>   I've tried applying what worked for me in the 4th revision of
> https://phabricator.kde.org/D10742 to kdirmodel.cpp around line 600, but
> without success.
>
>   Any idea how to fix it is welcomed.

From what i see, the problem is that you're storing QModelIndexes and using them later when the model has changed.

This is not correct, you can only use a QModelIndex when you just got it or when it's passed it to you, if you need to store it you need to use QPersistentModelIndex.

I don't understand much the test, but i think the attached patch is a good fix, i.e. use the model indexes as soon as they happen and not store them. Also makes the test pass "forever" here.

Cheers,
  Albert