D15825: move testing of common tags of test files to a new data-driven test for taglibextractor

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 9 07:05:27 BST 2018

astippich added a comment.

  Sorry, I should have written this more clearly, but you got it right. It's for the new formats. For the most common tags, taglib directly provides the implementation for all its supported tag formats and one can call e.g. tag->artist(). For the others, one has to implement support manually, e.g. query the tag type and then do tag->find("Album Artist") and then read it.
  So for any new formats we get the ones ones which are implemented by taglib for free. The others have to be manually added and thus are not implemented for the new formats.
  I will update the summary a little bit.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData