D11828: Simplify orPostingIterator and make it faster

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 8 22:32:24 BST 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D11828#339379 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11828#339379>, @poboiko wrote:

  > Looks fine to me. But do we really need to optimize it? I mean, I didn't see it running more than ~20 ms, and with this patch for small queries it runs like ~16 ms. Worst case is when user types something in KRunner, but again, the lag is negligible there.

  KRunner currently executes each search term 8 times, once for each of type in [ Audio, Video, Document, ...]. I think especially for krunner lower latency is important, as it does search-as-you-type.

INLINE COMMENTS

> poboiko wrote in orpostingiterator.cpp:79
> I'm not really sure, do we actually need to set it to `nullptr`? It becomes inaccessible after next line

It makes debugging a little bit nicer, erase is implemented as swap, and when setting it the vector only contains nullptrs after size() elements.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo