D15999: Add icons with added background to system.svgz

Phil Stefan noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 8 15:34:15 BST 2018

pstefan added a comment.

  RE:

  In D15999#338724 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15999#338724>, @filipf wrote:

  > Would the background be grey and the icon itself black in all color schemes? (apropos how Inkscape shows it:)
  >
  > F6310672: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6310672>
  >
  > Could we make it adaptable to the color scheme? I don't know if the code applies, but they managed to do it here: https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/arc-kde/blob/master/plasma/desktoptheme/Arc-Color/icons/system.svg
  >
  > They do however just leave the icon itself transparent, but perhaps that wouldn't work well with Breeze icons.

  The background stays the same color, no matter the color scheme used. I am told that it's not currently possible for the login-screen to change the color of the background independently of the foreground. The foreground color is the same color as a theme's text color. In the case of the lockscreen, that's white.

  > Could we make it adaptable to the color scheme? I don't know if the code applies, but they managed to do it here: https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/arc-kde/blob/master/plasma/desktoptheme/Arc-Color/icons/system.svg
  >
  > They do however just leave the icon itself transparent, but perhaps that wouldn't work well with Breeze icons.

  I have never thought about that tbh. It's something to investigate, can you repost that thought on T9658 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T9658>?

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)