D15947: Start drawing emblems in the bottom-right corner

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 4 17:02:00 BST 2018

ngraham created this revision.
ngraham added a reviewer: VDG.
Herald added a project: Frameworks.
Herald added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
ngraham requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  While writing a HIG page about emblems (D15897 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15897>), we noticed an inconsistency in where they're currently placed: All of our icons that have built-in emblems as well as all 3rd-party system tray icons put their emblems in the bottom-right corner. But when `KIconLoader` it used to add emblems to a regular icon, it puts the first emblem in the bottom-left corner.

  This arbitrary inconsistency makes it impossible to write a clear rule in the HIG about emblem placement. Changing hundreds of icons and 3rd-party apps to move all their emblems to the bottom-right corner doesn't seem likely. Therefore, this patch adjusts 'KIconLoader` to position the first emblem in the bottom-right corner to match existing icons and 3rd-party apps.

TEST PLAN
  Symlink emblem:

  Shared folder emblem:

  Emblem on a disk in the Places panel:

  Folders with multiple emblems:

REPOSITORY
  R302 KIconThemes

BRANCH
  emblems-start-in-bottom-right (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/kiconloader.cpp