QtCreator-style block highlighting (and colours) in Kate(part)?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:20:31 BST 2018

Hi,

I quite like Qt Creator's feature that highlights blocks (in code) by applying a gradient of background darkening that makes code less conspicuous the further it is outside the current context. Has something like this ever been considered for Kate-based editors?

I also find Creators default colour scheme very nicely done, is there a way to import it (from the XML file, not by hand via the GUI :))?

Thanks,
R.