D15739: [Places panel] Don't show Root by default

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 1 21:57:25 BST 2018

ngraham added a subscriber: ndavis.
ngraham added a comment.

  In D15739#334513 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15739#334513>, @romangg wrote:

  > Imo this patch can go in as it is, but before that I would like to see a patch to have the disk with the root file system getting specially marked (icon, color or text) for the case that several block devices are mounted at the same time.

  Yes, that's one of the action items for T8349: Improve Places panel usability and presentation <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8349>. Before we can do it, we first needed a better disk icon, which we now have thanks to @ndavis (see D15853: Change drive-harddisk to more adaptable style <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15853>)! If we want to signify root disk status via the icon, we still need to figure out what to do about emblems, which currently obscure most of the icon for the default 16x16 size. I submitted a patch for that, but it's run into controversy: D15866: Reduce emblem size for very small icons to prevent obscuring too much of the icon <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15866>.

  Baby steps...

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO