D15843: Allow FileIndexerConfig to check device mounted status by path.

James Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Oct 1 00:14:25 BST 2018

smithjd added a comment.

  >> There is no need for this, just create a new StorageDevices where you need it.
  >> Creating a second StorageDevices instance in a process is quite cheap.
  >
  > Creating a separate object cluttered the console with duplicated debug output and raised a threading error.

  No go.

  This patch is a little bit tidier than exporting the StorageDevices object. Both are sufficient for being able to verify that the path is mounted.

  > As a side note - cross-device indexing is broken anyway and can never work reliably in the current scheme using device ids as part of the baloo document id. Device ids are not stable. For the home partition it works somewhat reliable as the device setup is sufficiently fixed, but for any network share, Vault, disk image, whatever, it depends on the mounting order.

  > I will keep opposing any changes trying to paper over it.

  I have not had a problem with mounted external volumes. FYI, complain to the Solid people about the non-randomness of the udi. That isn't a fault of Baloo.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo