D17245: Add string formatting function to property info

Stefan Brüns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 30 18:50:10 GMT 2018

bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> astippich wrote in formatstrings.cpp:83
> How about using the descriptions from D15503 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15503>, which are also consistent with digiKam and Gwenview? The best solution is probably to make D15503 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D15503> work, but this is out of scope for this revision. And a text is still better than a plain number.

IMHO thats not better at all - what does "top, left" refer to? And whats the difference to "left, top"?

Every orientation save "normal" and "rotated 180" is ambiguous without further description. It is of no interest for most users, even serious photographers, as it is a technical **implementation** detail. Creation times, aperture, exposure time ... are useful for users.

So we should hide it by default, and for the 0.1% interested in it we can give a description they can lookup themselves, e.g. "Rotated 90° CCW (6)"

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData