D17086: Add icons for application-vnd.appimage

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 26 00:39:53 GMT 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D17086#363977 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17086#363977>, @ngraham wrote:

  > We have two options here:
  >
  > 1. Follow the style and make the AppImage icon look like a document with a folded-over corner that has an the AppImage logo  in the middle
  > 2. Engage #VDG <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/vdg/> and Come up a new icon style for executables, and then make the AppImage icon in that new style
  >
  >   [...] Feel free to do #1 for now.

  Sadly no time currently to engage in such discussion, so quickly did #1 to have something for now.

  In D17086#364095 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17086#364095>, @TheAssassin wrote:

  > The dark blue is quite nice, but I thought perhaps a color from the official AppImage logo might fit better.

  I guess one should stick to the Breeze color palette for the icons, for consistent look. Other logos are also matched to closes Breeze palette color from what I quickly looked at, But exactly sure.

  > The logo could by the way also be used for the type 1 MIME type, `application/x-iso9660-appimage` and `application/x-appimage` IIRC.
  >  You might also add a `1` somewhere in there to indicate the type, but as both are still relevant and should mostly work equally, that's not really necessary.

  No clue yet about the "application/x-iso9660-appimage" MIME type, what is the difference?
  "application/x-appimage" is an outdated alias to "application/vnd.appimage", no? So that should be resolved by the alias logic of shared-mime-info at the core, no need for explicit own icon entry,

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons