D16498: [KFileMetaData] Add extractor for DSC conforming (Encapsulated) Postscript

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Nov 1 18:37:16 GMT 2018

bruns added a comment.

  In D16498#352323 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16498#352323>, @pino wrote:

  > In D16498#352314 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16498#352314>, @bruns wrote:
  >
  > > Please answer why you consider running a full blown postscript interpreter in an uncontrolled environment (no sandboxing, runs without user interaction) is better than 20 code lines of trivial text parsing.
  >

  > Please be patient, I've got other things that currently take my time, and I need to properly get some data to satisfty your questions.

  Thats completely fine for me, if you need ore time, just say so.

  > In the meanwhile, two suggestions:
  >
  > - please try to see also other people's point of point, and not just yours; if I suggested something, then it's because, according to my knowledge/experience (which includes also maintaining okular in the past, FYI), I deem it the optimal way
  > - when asking for people's opinion, again, try to use a more friendly attitude; that will certainly help getting my attention faster, rather than feeling attacked because I'm expressing //technical// doubts on this solution

  Not answering can also be considered impolite. I am trying to solve a real problem here. Postscript files currently pose a significant problem for baloo. I listed //technical// reasons why libspectre/gs is **not** a good solution.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData