D12291: Accept file descriptor only from root owned process

Oswald Buddenhagen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 22:31:18 UTC 2018

ossi added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> chinmoyr wrote in fdreceiver.cpp:89
> I don't think making acceptConnection unconditionally true is a good idea. At least it will make this patch look horrible.
> Since getsocketopt conforms to posix, how about we check for __ unix __ , and posix compliance instead of __ linux __ and upon failure inform the user to install a posix compliant libc?

i don't see why that would be horrible; as i pointed out multiple times already, this change is redundant. one correction, though: add a code comment here rather than extending the commit message.

getsockopt() is standard, but the actual options aren't. you could change the ifdef to SO_PEERCRED itself, but that wouldn't actually add any portability.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  master