D12992: New elisa icon

Matthieu Gallien noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 21:19:53 UTC 2018

mgallien added a subscriber: paullesur.
mgallien added a comment.

  @januz and @astippich I really understand your point of view about the current icon. I share your point of view the need to have an icon easy to differentiate from many other players. For example, I would like Elisa be easy to spot on this page: https://flathub.org/apps/category/AudioVideo .

  At the same time, I had an ex colleague, aged 62 or something like that, saying that the old icons was bad for youngsters. That really made me hesitate about the current icon. I really doubt people under 20 could understand the current icon.

  Anyway, the current icon seems to need some more work to really look finished as has been pointed out.

  I will try to show the current icon and this one to another bunch of people to collect feedback (people around 22 and older one). My idea is definitely not to run a popularity contest here.

  I do like the idea to have some sort of classical music notes in the icon while still being easy to associate to music. That would reflect on the fact that we made quite some work on supporting this use case.

  @lshoravi  I appreciate your offer to help like I appreciate the one @paullesur did.

REPOSITORY
  R266 Breeze Icons