D13145: Check if destination exists also when pasting binary data

Elvis Angelaccio noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 27 11:01:51 UTC 2018

elvisangelaccio created this revision.
elvisangelaccio added a reviewer: dfaure.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
elvisangelaccio requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Currently we check whether the destination URL exists only if we are
  pasting text (or if the mimedata has only one format).

  If we are pasting e.g. images copied from Spectacle, we unconditionally
  overwrite the destination URL.

  This patch moves the StatJob+RenameDialog from `getNewFileName()` to a
  new `getDestinationUrl()` function, which we can also call from `chooseFormatAndUrl()`.

  BUG: 394318
  FIXED-IN: 5.47

TEST PLAN
  - Paste some image into an existing file and check the rename dialog.
  - Check that pasting text still shows the rename dialog.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  fix-image-pasting (branched from master)

AFFECTED FILES
  src/widgets/paste.cpp