D13034: Add mechanism to notify other clients of config changes over DBus

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 22 09:14:13 UTC 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Intention is not to create a registry like system, but to replace
  KDElibs4Support::KGlobalSettings and to replace other system settingss
  -> some app communication in a more generic way.

  writeEntry gains an additional flag Notify which if set, will notify
  clients of what has actually changed when we sync.

  Rationale to put this into KConfig was so that we could have everything
  batched and sychronised to the file sync and to get the fine detailed
  exposure of what has actually changed which we don't get with a file
  watcher.

  Default behaviour remains identical without any broadcast messages.

  As it is a new dependency it is purely optional and anything referencing
  DBus is not in the public API. Our deployment on platforms without DBus
  tend to be standalone applications anyway.

TEST PLAN
  Attached unit test

REPOSITORY
  R237 KConfig