D12820: Add KWayland virtual desktop protocol

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 21 10:11:41 UTC 2018

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in org_kde_plasma_virtual_desktop.xml:45
> Have a look at i3. Btw it's a really often requested feature.

the virtualdesktop would then have an output property used for filtering?
or, the layout event could be kept in the manager, but be not just rows and column, but pass the pair output and actual vector containing the virtualdesktop instances?

also if it is per output then two desktops can be on the same row/column, as long as they are on different outputs..
then also all the api for requesting/notifying activate/deactivate would need an output parameter.. /o\

My primary use for this protocol was to make activities==virtual desktops (the quick way would be to just use the activity ids as desktop ids and use kactivitymanager to add/remove, so no need for api to ask kwin to add/remove desktops)
this clashes a bit with different desktops per output, tough could be solved if i then make the activity id a separate property in the Virtualdesktop interface...

REPOSITORY
  R127 KWayland