D12986: [Trash KCM] Clean up and standardize UI to be in line with the KDE HIG

Andres Betts noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 20 21:03:18 UTC 2018

abetts added a comment.

  In D12986#265675 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265675>, @rkflx wrote:

  > In D12986#265666 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265666>, @ngraham wrote:
  >
  > > In D12986#265662 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265662>, @rkflx wrote:
  > >
  > > > Anyway, I'm not complaining too much (but please be aware that every change you propose creates additional work for reviewers and translators).
  > >

  > > I'm quite aware, but this is just the nature of submitting patches, right? Nobody's making you review mine, and I hope you don't feel like it's your responsibility to babysit me to prevent things from getting broken or anything like that. :)
  >

  > Well, I'd say you should use the resources available (which are quite scarce, as you are aware) wisely. I'd rather have the translators translate strings in Gwenview (there are many missing spots where we added things for 18.04) and work on my review backlog. Also note that fighting an uphill battle, i.e. more stuff getting broken than you are able to fix by yourself, is not much fun.

  It's the unfortunate life of working in development. Changes are going to happen and others will have to make adjustments accordingly. There is nothing inherently wrong with that. If the argument is, "don't change things because they cause too much work for others" then we have to determine if we are a software provider that wants to keep the first iteration of their software and not hear customers, or if we want to hear customers and change our approach overtime, and evolve. I prefer the latter, no matter how many headaches I get. Let's take that approach and welcome change. Let's be sensible but not inflexible. I am sure there is a middle point for all of this.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO