D12986: [Trash KCM] Clean up and standardize UI to be in line with the KDE HIG

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 20 20:38:57 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D12986#265662 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265662>, @rkflx wrote:

  > > The value is in standardizing on something.
  >
  > Personally I'd be okay with a consistent style per application, with the new style applied to new applications, and allowing exceptions where it makes sense. You've already witnessed the amount of bikeshedding in Gwenview when we needed to add options, because with the new style it is much more challenging to get the wording right than with the traditional style.

  Right, but the end result was better (IMHO). Good design usually requires more work, and I'm very happy that you have high standards!

  In D12986#265662 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12986#265662>, @rkflx wrote:

  > Anyway, I'm not complaining too much (but please be aware that every change you propose creates additional work for reviewers and translators).

  I'm quite aware, but this is just the nature of submitting patches, right? Nobody's making you review mine, and I hope you don't feel like it's your responsibility to babysit me to prevent things from getting broken or anything like that. :)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO