D12337: Give the file dialogs a "Sort by" menu button on the toolbar

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 18 10:14:00 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  Let's commit this on a separate branch, as getting micro-approvals from #Frameworks <https://phabricator.kde.org/tag/frameworks/> does not work that well. Then we can implement (in the form of reviewed Diffs as before) what we already discussed in a bigger setting, e.g.

  - rework the view modes
  - set new defaults
  - put the New folder button on the bottom
  - decide on D12647: Move the inline preview button into the menu <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12647>
  - figure out D12218: Remove Reload button from the file dialogs' toolbar <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12218>
  - figure out Up
  - hopefully abandon D12333: Put the open/save dialog's toolbar above all other widgets, like Dolphin does <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12333> for good

  …and finally present the final outcome to a wider audience for approval before merging. This way can we make progress as time allows, without shipping incomplete features or get bogged down with dependencies. Note I'm not proposing to wait for //everything// you put into T8552 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T8552>.

  (Sorry for not being able to help more currently, but I first wanna reduce my Gwenview and Spectacle backlogs…)

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D12337