D12924: Process DBus replies in the ::match thread

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 16 09:05:26 UTC 2018

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
Restricted Application added a subscriber: kde-frameworks-devel.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  6114612970bcf757d9e06a623d6220257ce57b5f <https://phabricator.kde.org/R308:6114612970bcf757d9e06a623d6220257ce57b5f> turned the DBus requests into
  using QDBusPendingCallWatcher but blocking so that it's still handled
  within the ::match() method. However, it accidentally processed replies
  in the main thread, rather than in the match thread which wasn't the
  intention.

  Result is occasional threading related crashes.

  BUG: 394272

TEST PLAN
  Still had results from baloo (one of our DBus runners)
  It didn't crash (but it never crashed for me before either)
  ‎
  One tester replied:
  [10:00] ‎<‎sunnyflunk‎>‎ d_ed: looks good, tried 30 times with patch and no crash, then turned off the patch and crashed 4th time

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner

BRANCH
  master