D12787: Ignore more types of source files

Stefan BrĂ¼ns noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 14 15:34:49 UTC 2018

bruns added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> ngraham wrote in fileexcludefilters.cpp:154
> My impression is that Baloo is really intended for user files; SVGs only get their content indexed by accident, because they happen to be textual. I don't think there's any textual content inside an SVG file that you'd actually want to have indexed.

SVGs are user files, and anything inside `<tspan>` is textual content. You can have several paragraphs with text inside SVGs.
We index the RDF metadata (author, title, ...) for PDFs, EPUB, ... so we should for SVG.
Of course it is pointless to index e.g. the tags itself, or the content of any non-textual tag, thats the reason I asked for an XML extractor.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo