D12848: Set fix steps for icon sizes

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 14 14:17:48 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  IMHO what we really need is a standard size slider widget so that each app doesn't need to reinvent the wheel. Right now Gwenview, Dolphin, and the file dialogs each implement their own, and they're all subtly (or very) different from each other.

  That said, I find myself agreeing with Kai and Alex here. Arbitrary zoom levels aren't really needed in the file dialog like they are in Gwenview. Dolphin's slider has discrete sizes and I don't think it causes problems there. However, if we do go forward with this, we'd need to make sure there are enough sizes to avoid annoying people e.g. whose favorite size is between huge and enormous, which is a big jump. Dolphin has much more granular zoom steps than this patch proposes. I've mentioned before that I think we need a new standard size that's somewhere between `SizeHuge` and `SizeEnormous`.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO