D12320: [RFC] add ability to read embedded cover files

Alexander Stippich noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 12 11:00:50 UTC 2018

astippich added a comment.

  In D12320#260789 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12320#260789>, @anthonyfieroni wrote:

  > In D12320#260768 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12320#260768>, @astippich wrote:
  >
  > > Unfortunately, found it only after I wrote all that myself :/
  >

  > Sorry i don't see RFC earlier.
  >
  > In D12320#260768 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12320#260768>, @astippich wrote:
  >
  > > Off topic: The file preview does only work for folder previews, but for the individual files the previews are not shown. Is that intended behavior?
  >

  > It *should* work for files as well as folders. Recently was added a patch that disable file preview for small sizes, can you increase icon size by slider?

  Does not work here, I will report a bug.

  In D12320#261315 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12320#261315>, @mgallien wrote:

  > I am away from keyboard. Can we move forward ?
  >  Does it make sense to aim for having only one copy of this code and makes the kio code depends on KFileMetaData ?

  That would make sense, I think. Btw, no need to rush here, Kf 5.47 is still some weeks away. I missed the 5.46 deadline unfortunately.

  I still have one question: In case there is no cover found, should the QMap contain an entry with an empty bytearray or should it contain no corresponding entry at all? In the first case, an application has to test if the byte array is empty, in the latter it has to test if the map contains an entry. What's the better solution?
  Currently it is doing the first.

REPOSITORY
  R286 KFileMetaData