D12511: optimization of KTextEditor::DocumentPrivate::views()

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 4 10:16:29 UTC 2018

jtamate updated this revision to Diff 33613.
jtamate edited the test plan for this revision.
jtamate added a comment.

  Add and remove from the list.

  About the tools I use to profile:

  - I'm used to use slow machines, I have no problems running under valgrind.
  - When I can run a program and I'm able to repeat the workload that produces high cpu usage or slowness, I do like to use callgrind/kcachegrind, just because I get inclusive costs.
  - When a program gets slow after some time running or under some unexpected circumstances, yes I use perf, because I do not need to restart the program and I can do live measurements.
  - But I **do love** the kcachegrind view of the % of instructions for every method within the source code.

  In any case, the hotspot results pasting 10 times and undoing:
  Before: F5833105: kwrite_perf_before.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5833105>
  After: F5833106: kwrite_perf_after.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5833106>

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO