D12016: [ktexteditor] much faster positionFromCursor

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 4 09:10:48 UTC 2018

jtamate added a comment.

  In D12016#257862 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D12016#257862>, @cullmann wrote:

  > Actually, given the functionality is only used there, if that code is in the view or in that helper class makes no real difference, or?

  I've tried to extend KateViewInternal in such a way that positionFromCursor in KateViewAccessible becomes unnecessary, but it became a mess.
  The problem is that all the "coordinates" used there are Cursors, that are in the form line+column.
  But in KateViewAccessible it uses characters from the beginning, and caching only in one place (positionFromCursor) does not create a mess.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor