D12662: Add InlineNoteInterface

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 3 18:16:36 UTC 2018

brauch added a comment.

  I think fixing the selection rendering issue would be nice.

  Regarding blockmode behaviour, I think it will be a bit strange either way. One thing to compare is the behaviour with non-fixed width fonts: there block mode also selects constant columns (i.e. it will look ragged). This is probably closest to what you want when you use block mode, so I think it should stay the way you have it now.

  Regarding linewrap, I think what at least must always be the case is that with dynwrap on, all text is visible. That notes cannot be placed nicely is probably unavoidable in extreme cases. I guess the best behaviour would be to just wrap the notes as if they were part of the text, with the restriction that you cannot split them up ...

  I would not rely on the user of the interface placing his notes in a visible column. If e.g. KDevelop would place some notes, and then the user resizes his window, and then they need to be re-placed by the interface user? That seems strange. Consider also that you can have a split view with two different widths for the same file and stuff like that.

  Oh, good point by the way: Are you sure this should be an interface to a *view*? Maybe it should instead be attached to the document? I'm not sure, I just want to bring the discussion up.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor