D12337: Give the file dialogs a "Sort by" menu button on the toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 2 21:37:59 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  I see your point @rkflx, but I think it's a mistake to use an icon whose appearance suggests that it represents state when in fact it doesn't--that's the kind of thing that causes the misconception. Since ascending alphabetical order is one of the available states, using an icon that with "ascending" and "alphabetical" iconography is bound to confuse and frustrate a few people who mistakenly expect it to reflect the active sort order.

  Either way, since this contains a string change, it's headed for 5.47 anyway (thanks for being a stickler and reminding me to pay attention to this), so I think we have some time to get a better icon.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO

BRANCH
  arcpatch-D12337