D12659: two new UDS structures

Jaime Torres Amate noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 2 16:47:27 UTC 2018

jtamate updated this revision to Diff 33505.
jtamate marked 3 inline comments as done.
jtamate edited the summary of this revision.
jtamate edited the test plan for this revision.
jtamate added a comment.

  Fixed the ordered insertion.
  Using std::vector and std::find_if.
  Initialize everything to try to detect a change of type in a "insert" over a different type.

  Using templates to reduce somehow the code size.
  The last 3 structures are tested 3 times:

  - Fill the structure
  - Compare two structures
  - Read 3 values

  > When you say "scales better", we're talking about the number of fields in the udsentry, not the number of items. But kioslaves don't fill in 1000 fields, so I have the feeling that scaling with the number of fields isn't a requirement.

  Yes, I was talking about the number of fields in the udsentry. I had to test it, just in case.

  > Are those benchmarks run in Release (or RelWithDebInfo) mode, rather than Debug (which is a big no no for benchmarks)? Qt should be compiled with optimizations enabled too.

  Yes, since the last comment of D11487 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11487> everything is compiled with -O2 -mtune=native
  Qt is the one provided by OpenSuse.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO