D11838: Turn on line numbers by default

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 31 20:00:28 UTC 2018

dhaumann requested changes to this revision.
dhaumann added a comment.

  Not yet good enough, let's have another revision.

  BTW, I am fine with this change, since nowadays screens are typically wider, so horizontal space is usually there.

INLINE COMMENTS

> kateconfig.cpp:1240
>      m_dynWordWrapAlignIndentSet(false),
> -    m_lineNumbersSet(false),
>      m_scrollBarMarksSet(false),

This is wrong: the set flag indicates that the setting was changed by a user. So you want to keep false here.

> kateconfig.cpp:1287
>      m_dynWordWrapAlignIndentSet(false),
> -    m_lineNumbersSet(false),
> +    m_lineNumbersSet(true),
>      m_scrollBarMarksSet(false),

Same here: false is correct.

> kateconfig.cpp:1373
>
> -    setLineNumbers(config.readEntry(KEY_LINE_NUMBERS, false));
> +    setLineNumbers(config.readEntry(KEY_LINE_NUMBERS, true));

This is correct, and the only place that needs change.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor