D11529: Balooctl: Deindex unfound files with check command.

Michael Heidelbach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 31 09:57:28 UTC 2018

michaelh added a comment.

  I'm still not convinced this is a sustainable approach.

  1. The user has no control over the process
  2. Symlinks pointing to unmounted devices will be removed
  3. Database management is partially exposed on dbus
  4. Depending on user's setup this covers only ~80% (my system) of inconsistencies
  5. It is good to have a tool like this for diagnostic purposes, but the question is: Why do stale entries exist in the first place?
  6. Regenerating data can be very expensive (several hours) see 1)

  Because of those concerns I prefer to do cleaning with `baloodb` (D11753 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11753>) which is designed to give the user maximal control.
  I'm not requesting changes because I don't want to stand in the way. Others have to decide on this diff.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo