KDE CI: Frameworks baloo kf5-qt5 SUSEQt5.9 - Build # 22 - Unstable!

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Mar 30 09:04:45 UTC 2018

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 9:36 PM, Michael Heidelbach <ottwolt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30.03.2018 09:51, CI System wrote:
>
> *BUILD UNSTABLE*
> Build URL https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks%20baloo%20kf5-qt5%
> 20SUSEQt5.9/22/
> Project: Frameworks baloo kf5-qt5 SUSEQt5.9
> Date of build: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 07:45:09 +0000
> Build duration: 5 min 51 sec and counting
> * JUnit Tests *
> Name: (root) Failed: 1 test(s), Passed: 38 test(s), Skipped: 0 test(s),
> Total: 39 test(s)
> * - Failed: TestSuite.kinotifytest *
>
> Hi!
>
> Why is kinotifytest making so much trouble? Am I reverting something
> without knowing? Should I revise kinotifytest?
>
> Never in my life I've touched that test. I swear, Your Honour.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael

Hi Michael,

You are not guilty :)

Tests reliant on inotify will have issues for our Linux based builds due to
kernel bugs/limitations in the overlayfs file system used by Docker. These
were resolved in a later kernel version, which is why it's flaky, as our
Debian based hosts have a newer kernel (where the issue is fixed) while the
Ubuntu LTS based hosts have a kernel which is impacted by this issue.

I expect these tests to pass reliably once Ubuntu releases 18.04 and we
upgrade the Ubuntu physical hosts to that.

Cheers,
Ben