D11685: Implement single click on line number to select line of text

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 25 18:25:52 UTC 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  Gave it a whirl; this is very nice!

  I don't think making it optional and off by default is the best choice, though. Nobody will ever find it. I would support making this enabled by default at the very least, and possibly even not turn-off-able with an option. Most advanced text editors already have this feature on by default with no option to disable it, and it's really hard for me to imagine what kind of workflow it would would negatively impact. After all, the line numbers themselves are off by default! Good defaults are important, and highly relevant to T6831: Top-notch usability and productivity for basic software <https://phabricator.kde.org/T6831>.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor