D11513: DBus runner servicename wildcard support

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 21 00:26:30 UTC 2018

davidedmundson marked an inline comment as done.
davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in dbusrunner.cpp:57
> Should we support asterisk at an arbitrary position? But that makes it a lot more complex and main usecase is finding all `org.foo.bar-somepid`

I'd rather not, as it will prevent me from porting away from the deprecated function you mention should Qt ever get argname0 rules support.

> broulik wrote in dbusrunner.cpp:60
> Is this run on the runner thread otherwise this would block

It is in the main thread.

But it's only a round trip to the dbus-daemon not a client, so it's blocking in the same way
"registerService" or "connect" block.

I can make it async, but I don't think we gain too much.

> broulik wrote in dbusrunner.cpp:69
> Isn't this signal deprecated?

Yes, but the alternative doesn't exist.

Without going too much into DBus match rules (which are awesome), QDBusServiceWatcher connects to the signal serviceOwnerChanged on the org.freedesktop.DBus interface to be notified *only* when either the first or second arguments match the given string.

It's why it's a lot better than this deprecated method.

DBus does have a concept of saying "match when the argument starts with [blah]", but QtDbus doesn't, it'd require a bit of a refactor to do so.

I might try and add it.

REPOSITORY
  R308 KRunner