D11290: [UDevManager] Already filter for subsystem before querying

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 13 15:12:50 UTC 2018

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Frameworks, davidedmundson.
Restricted Application added a project: Frameworks.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This does some rough filtering in advance before creating our wrapper items with properties and all.
  It's quite unlikely for e.g. a CPU core to pose as a media player.

TEST PLAN
  Gives a significant speedup of Dolphin startup for me. Instead of KFilePlacesModel spending 120ms querying for Udev devices it only takes 30ms.

  My phone still shows up in Dolphin and unplugging and plugging it back in also works.

REPOSITORY
  R245 Solid

AFFECTED FILES
  src/solid/devices/backends/udev/udevmanager.cpp