KUserFeedback UUID question

Volker Krause vkrause at kde.org
Mon Mar 12 13:17:47 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 March 2018 13:00:31 CET Aleksey Kontsevich wrote:
> 12.03.2018, 11:25, "Volker Krause" <vkrause at kde.org>:
> > I'm fine with changing things, I'm just still trying to understand the
> > requirements correctly :)
>
> Main idea and requirements: we need more generic and extendable approach, in
> particular:
> - network communication
> - local statistics log
> - settings
> - UI: audit log model with already submitted and current raw statistics
> within.

That states a possible solution, but not the reasons for needing that
solution. It's hard to design a framework without understanding the reasons :)

Network communication: I understand you have a different REST API to submit
data too, please see my earlier questions on this topic, as well as my
question about authentication.

Local statistics log: Is that about moving the audit log to a database? What's
the motivation behind that? Or is this about more building blocks for tracking
historic data in custom data sources?

Settings: What exactly do you want to customize there? AFAIK your applications
are using QSettings too.

UI: adding additional building blocks surely is possible, we just need to keep
supporting the existing use-cases too.

Regards,
Volker