KUserFeedback UUID question

Aleksey Kontsevich tantrido at ya.ru
Fri Mar 9 12:31:18 UTC 2018

Hi Volker,

You said data is submitted once per week to a server.  How the user is identified as I think the returned statistics contains data from previous sessions, but there is no user identification in KUserFeedback?

We thought to add at least machine ID like Krita does. Identifying the user is important. If the frontend sends the data once a week, we still want to know, how design mode usage changes between the weeks. If developer has several installations in different hosts, it would be sufficient to know installation-specific statistics.

Could You clarify our questions and concerns, please? Does returned statistics contain data from previous sessions or not? If aggregation performed only in analytics tool and server contains raw data how statistics integrity is provided? How data collected between submissions, does statistics contain data from previous submission or not? Does it makes sense to add some randomly generated machine ID on first connection to the server for satisfy our needs? Other thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
Aleksey