D11038: balooctl: Add pruneDb option to remove stale file index entries.

James Smith noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 8 06:05:05 UTC 2018

smithjd added a comment.

  In D11038#220486 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11038#220486>, @michaelh wrote:

  > In D11038#219353 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D11038#219353>, @smithjd wrote:
  >
  > > All mounts must be manually made available by the user before running this option, or all files on a previously available mount will be removed from the index.
  >

  > It is much too easy for users to accidentally ruin their database with this. There should at least be a warning message including the advice to mount all external items. And users must confirm execution.
  >  This command also should have a --dry-run option to show users what would happen to their database.

  Adding paths to index on top of the user's home directory requires manual modification of the config file, or symlinks into the user's home directory. It can be assumed that the user is reasonably competent about destructive options if he/she does this. Adding a --dry-run modifier is overkill for regeneratable data. Requiring that the user confirm execution is bad practice.

  I've changed the option description to more clearly convey that it will remove any entry that doesn't have a resolveable file path.

REPOSITORY
  R293 Baloo