D10989: Check for nullptr in indexForNode

Michael Pyne noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 6 02:31:27 UTC 2018

mpyne added a comment.

  I'm not sure the job could have been deleted before `KDialogJobUiDelegate::showErrorMessage()` since much of the call stack before then involves making method calls on the job.  KDirLister::handleError(KIO::Job*) (kdirlister.cpp:81) makes a call to `job->error()` right before calling `handleError`, for instance.

  Is it possible that the widget itself has been deleted early somehow?  Does the job run on a different event loop (due to threading or similar)?

  I think valgrind has some flags you can use to try to generate a backtrace for where a freed block of memory was freed from, which might be useful for debugging.

REPOSITORY
  R241 KIO