D10824: Delete IdleSlave having temporary authorization

David Faure noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 4 11:43:08 UTC 2018

dfaure added a comment.

  No, that deletes the IdleSlave QObject, but the slave process is still running then.

    IdleSlave::~IdleSlave()
    {
    }

  Not much happening there ;)

  Yes, that makes me wondering if the SLAVE_MAX_IDLE thing actually works.

  Hmm, and KLauncher::requestHoldSlave looks like it's leaking the IdleSlave (well, child of "this", but the object won't be deleted until logging out).
  Unless I'm missing something, that's a bug from 2001 :-)

  Anyhow, one thing at a time, can you test if the kioslave process really goes away?
  My bet is that it doesn't, in which case you need a call to KIOPrivate::sendTerminateSignal(slave->pid());

    (if that's not available from this repository, add a method IdleSlave::kill())

  [The alternative solution is to call SlaveBase::exit() from the slave process itself, but there's no good place for doing that I think, so better kill it when klauncher decides it's idle, it's simpler than sending it a command to ask it to exit.]

REPOSITORY
  R303 KInit